Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lookin' out my back door.....


:
Yea, I know, this is supposed to be about quilting. Not much quilting in January, and here's part of the reason why. January is tax month for me. Payroll, B&O, and some clean-up for the CPA's. But you can't do much accounting when there is no power. We were only out of power for about 24 hours here in town, and about 5 days at the farm. But a lot of my bookkeeping people are in the rural areas, and they got hit, and HARD! Even when I had power, they didn't. And when I tried to give up on the bookkeeping and go quilting, Almira had no power. Mornings consisted of phone calls, "Have you got power yet? No? I'll talk to you tomorrow!" and on to the next phone call.

After about 10 days, everyone we know is stabilized, the frost is coming off the trees, and cleanup can begin. And on Monday, February 2, ....I start back up quilting!!!

No comments: